Streamline Fibreglass is committed to upholding its long-standing reputation as a responsible and sustainable company. By building our company around such strong ethical values, we believe that we can fulfil our responsibility to our clients, staff and the environment, which in turn will enable us to continue to deliver the high quality of service we pride ourselves on.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
Streamline Fibreglass is dedicated to leading the industry in minimising the impact its work has on the environment. To meet this aim, we:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations to ensure they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the careful selection of machinery and transport vehicles, taking into account their power requirements.
- Actively promote recycling and waste management both internally and with our suppliers and clients.
- Meet and, where possible, exceed the environmental legislation relevant to the GRP industry.
- Use an accredited programme to offset our greenhouse gas emissions.
ETHICAL TRADING POLICY STATEMENT
The importance of conducting our business in a socially and ethically responsible manner is demonstrated by our strict policies. Streamline Fibreglass will:
- Never take advantage of lower manufacturing and labour costs in developing countries.
- Adhere to government recognised trading sanctions.
- Refuse trade with countries who have been identified as violating human rights.
- Refuse to work with any parties who we have reason to believe exploit humans, animals or the environment.
- Ensure any employment with Streamline Fibreglass is freely undertaken and that employees are free to leave with reasonable notice, as per their contract.
- Not ask employees to lodge deposits or identity papers with us.
- Never to use child labour.
- Guarantee that working hours and remuneration are fair and comparable to other companies in the sector, and that pay is above the national legal minimum standard.
- Never to make deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure. Payslips detailing lawful deductions are provided with each wage slip.
- Not force employees to work in excess of 48 hours per week, and provide a voluntary, opt-out, agreement for those wishing to exceed 48 hours per week.
- Never use labour-only contracting, sub- contracting and fixed term contracts as a means to avoid the obligations of labour or social security laws.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
The health and safety of our employees is paramount. In order to reduce the risks of accidents or work related illness, Streamline Fibreglass: